Sunday, August 9, 2009

I love the weekends

I took advantage of some of the sales and free tax DC is having this weekend.

Top from Forever21 (this is part of an outfit I am putting together for a super secret mission), Red headband from Forever21, Gold and black glasses case from Aldo, blue bag and scarf from NY & Company, and I finally got myself the Bamboo tablet that I have been wanting for a while.

I really want to be more Eco friendly and stop using plastic/paper bags from the stores, so I am going to start making shopping bags. This was my first one. I made it out of green and white upholstery fabric and the bottom out of white denim. I forgot how much fun it is to sew. I have plans to make grocery bags but I need to go out and buy more fabric.


A couple of weeks ago Steve Madden was having a sale and I bought the shoes above for $20! I love them. They are so comfy.


When we went to the Eastern Market I bought the cuff below from a local artist. She had them in different colors but ended up picking this one up. More my style.


Isn't it great?


I will end this with my first outfit of the day picture. This is what I wore for my Friday festivities.
Top: Do not remember where I got it.
Pants: Old Navy
Shoes: Rockport Shoes
Sunglasses: From vintage store in NYC
Earrings: Bought at a Native American Flea Market in New Mexico
Bracelet: New York and Company

Today I will be at Merriweather Post Pavillion for the Incubus concert. I am super excited, I have seen them in concert once before and they were awesome.

How is every ones weekend going??

Ciao! xoxo

~Dissolved Girl

No comments: