Thursday, July 16, 2009

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes and more Shoes

Baker Shoes is one of my go to places for cheap shoes. They always have a knock off of some of my favorite designer shoes. Along with Steve Madden and Aldo but today we will be talking about Bakers.

While I would rather be in high heels at all times I cannot for the love of my feet be in heels during the work day. Unless I want my feet to fall off. So I am always in the look out for new flats especially since I only own 3 pairs, 2 black and 1 red.

So this morning I decided to look around on shoes sites to see what I can find.

I found these:

What do you think? They cost $29.99 - 10% since I have the discount card. I will try and stop by the store this weekend to check them out. Hopefully they have them at the store.

I also saw these:

Did you really think I was going to not come out with out falling for a pair of heels or two? hehehe....

I am still on a quest for the perfect summer sandal. The sandals I had on a previous post, were not to my liking in real life. But, I have found these:

Surprising enough they are wedges and we all know that I am not a fan but at $29.99 who cares what they are?!? they are cute and cheap!

I tried to find a picture of the Bakers version of these shoes:

Spring 2009 Gucci platform.

I loved them since I saw the very first pair on the runway. But the price tag was too rich for my blood, so I satisfied my lust by day dreaming of the shoes.

Well, a week ago I was at the mall and stopped by Bakers and to my surprise and delight they had the knock off version of this same beautiful shoe. So of course I had to have them. Even Mr. P approved. I thanked the shoe gods that they still had my size in the color black. When the lady came with the box I dug in as fast as I could and put them on. As I put them on I felt so happy but my friends, that happiness I felt was short lived.

The shoe fit but the straps were just too big. CURSE my skinny ankles!! I was crushed. I wanted these shoes so bad. Poor Mr. P was quick to try and find a solution for me (he was thinking maybe we can make more holes on the straps) but nope. They were just not meant to be mine. BUT, if you like these shoes but do not want to pay the hefty price tag, go on over to Bakers and snatch them up.

Ciao! xoxo

~ Dissolved Girl

1 comment:

FAPORT International said...

Awesome!!all shoes are nice..i like all..