Thursday, May 14, 2009

Garden Botanika Slip Gloss

I got My Pretty Pink Box a couple of days ago. The main reason why I ordered it is because I wanted to try out the Shadow Shields that were going to come with the box. Also, I wanted to get one for Mommy Dearest as part of her mother's day gift.

Little did I know that I was going to fall in love with a lip gloss that came along with the box. Actually, I think love is not a strong enough word to describe how I feel about this little tube.

I am the lip gloss queen. Seriously, I have tried, owned or still own a ridiculous amount of glosses (the glosses you saw here is only the tip of the ice burg) I will not even tell you how many I have because it truly is ridiculous.

Why, you might ask I own so many? Is because I am always looking for the perfect gloss. The one that will give me the right amount of gloss with out looking like I ate a bucket of greasy chicken, or attract every strand of my hair, real or other wise, one that is not so thick that it feels I am wearing a second skin, one that does not start to make my lips flake as it starts wearing out or taste like Vaseline when I lick my lips.

Well ladies, I have found the holy grail of lip glosses or I should say, My Pretty Pink Box found the holy grail of lip glosses and mailed it to me. What is this lip gloss you ask?

Is the Garden Botanika Slip Gloss.
The one that came in the box is Cranapple Slip gloss. It applies light, no tacky greasy mess on the lips. It does not have a taste and it is so light weight it feels as if you have applied nothing to your lips. It has high shine, long lasting and even makes my lips look plumper.

I went on the website and all their slip glosses are on sale for $9.00. So that made the glosses even more attractive.

The down side to the glosses? They only have seven colors to choose from. That is something I can live with. I am loving the Cranapple color so I know I will be getting another one.

This one gets a rating of 5/5.

I cannot wait till next months box to see what other goodies will come. :-)

Ciao! xoxo
~Dissolved Girl

2 comments:

ZenDenizen said...

Thanks for the tip!

It seems you're more interested in gloss than lip balm but you might like the Chaptastic blog (chaptastic.blogspot.com).

Linda said...

Thank you! This is a fab review.