Friday, October 9, 2009

They Fit!

This morning has been very exciting for me. While I was standing in my closet thinking about what I was going to wear, I look down at my closet floor and I see my red patent leather shoes that I have not worn in a year because they did not fit.

I did not want to torture myself but I was curious to see if I could get my foot inside. So I tried, my foot slid in. THEY FIT!

So of course as soon as I calmed myself down enough to think straight I decided that I had to wear them today. Now to pick what to wear. That is always a problem because you see, 95% of my clothes do not fit. Most of my clothes are size 14 - 8. I am currently a size 16. But I did not want to wear any of my size 16 clothes with my beautiful shoes.

What is a girl to do?

My eyes locked on to a royal blue pencil skirt that is a size 14. It has been about 10 months or more since I wore it. Should I? I mean, my shoes fit, maybe the skirt will. The size 16 pants I wore yesterday I used to be able to wear without a belt but yesterday I had to wear a belt because they were really loose.

I decided to try it on. It won't be so bad if it does not fit, I am too happy that my shoes fit to get upset over that.

I took the skirt and it slid easily up my legs. Now the true test is if the zipper goes up. So I headed on over to Mr. P and asked him to zip me up.

It also fit. Of course, he had zipped it up and I did not even realize he did it because he did not have to struggle. It was an easy zip up.

Today I am looking like my old self and people are noticing. One of my co-workers even commented on how great I am looking.

It is making me feel more motivated and excited about my weight loss journey. I wanted to take a picture this morning but I ran out of time. :-(

Ciao! xoxo
~Dissolved Girl

1 comment:

Meandering Mel said...

OH MY GOD! That is so fantastic. High five to you!! :)

I'm very proud of you, and good luck with continuing your journey. :)