Friday, August 7, 2009

How Can I be Expected to handle School(work) on a day like this?

This morning while I was getting ready for work I was watching one of my favorite films of all time, Ferris Buller’s Day Off, in remembrance of the man that was a huge part of my childhood, John Hughes. His movies brought me and many others my age countless hours of entertainment growing up.

Then I started to think, where is my childhood going? First there was the death of Michael Jackson and now the death of John Hughes. For those of us that grew up in the 80’s, those were two of our biggest icons. MJ for his music and JH for his movies.

I own a lot of John’s movies, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Buller’s Day Off, Weird Science, Uncle Buck, Pretty in Pink, etc. I watch them often and still laugh my head off every time I watch them. Sometimes I even catch myself quoting some of the lines from the movie when joking around such as the title of today’s post.

Every day I feel myself getting a little bit older. Then something like this happens and I feel myself age 5 years. Everything is changing, people are dying the world is evolving; everything that I knew and associated with my childhood is slipping away before my eyes. It makes me feel a little bit sad. I truly believe that it was a better time to be a child then, then it is now. Sure, we had our own problems, it was not prefect but compare to how the youth is today I am happy to be an 80’s kid.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ~Ferris Buller

You are so right Ferris!

Have a great Weekend my dears!

Ciao! xoxo
~Dissolved Girl

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Somehow, I always can relate to Cameron...Especially in the museum scene while he is staring into that painting of "La Grande Jatte"