Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wow, Just Wow

So last night I went to the Blue October concert at the 930 Club and I had a fantastic time!

Blue October has easily become one of my top 5 bands that I love. They were on my top ten but last night the just catapulted up the ranks.

What freaken energy! They had me jumping, singing, clapping and doing all kinds of shit I normally do not do at concerts.

Justin is just AMAZING. He has great stage presence, lots of energy that vibrates off every cell in your body. The rest of the guys in the group? All I can say is OMG! They are equally as talented. Ryan Delahoussaye on the violin was FAN-FREAKEN-TASTIC.

Their latest album Approaching Normal was not my favorite when I bought it. I was thinking that I could have lived with out it BUT after last night, my mind was changed. It is still not my favorite of their albums but I am sure as hell happy I own it and I am listening to it right now.

Also, I need to mention the opening band. I almost missed them last night. I was so tired when I got off from work I wanted to go home and take a nap. Since I had never heard of the band, I figured I could do with out seeing them. But I made it to the club to watch their set and man, I got to say I would have been so pissed at myself if I would have missed it.

The name of the band is Longwave. They hail from my home state of NY, NYC, Brooklyn. At first glance you wonder what the hell is this? The lead singer Steve Schiltz comes on stage with a beer in his hand and I start to think "Oh yeah, this is going to be another amazing train wreck a la Lily Allen"(do not get me wrong her concert was fun, But watching a drunk person prance around on a stage is always fun). BUT, that thought was short lived. With the opening cords of Steve's guitar followed by Jason Molina's drum beats my body started to dance to the music before my mind even wrapped around the fact that I was digging this band. Then Steve in his falsetto voice started in and I was sold. Even Mr. P was impressed.

Now, I am not saying for you to run out to the nearest concert hall and watch the group. They are still the small fish in the big bad ocean, but they are worth keeping an eye on and see how they develop.

I have lots of picture's and video which I will post tonight when I get home. I just had to tell you guys about this amazing concert. You have to add Blue October to your list of must see concerts. I am serious, even if you do not like their type of music, you will after seeing them perform.

Next concert: Gavin Rossdale at the 9:30 Club on Sunday, May 3rd.

Ciao! xoxo

~ Dissolved Girl

No comments: