Well tomorrow is the start of Fashion week in Paris and I am ready. Below I am listing by order of appearance the designers that I will be watching:
- Corinne Cobson: She is an up and coming French Designer. Not much about her online but I have seen her stuff in several magazines and I like what I see.
- Balenciaga: Do I need to say anything else? hehehehe.....
- Hiroko Koshio: Asian designers have been on point lately and my eye is trained on Hiroko. I have always been a fan of hers. Her designs are so refreshing and easy to wear. Nothing complicated, just feminine and fierce.
- Rick Owens: American designer that set up shop in Paris. I do not know how I feel about his designs. His S/S '09 collection did not shake my fashion bones but I still want to see more. My interest in him was perked with his RTW S/S 2008 so I am hoping that it was just not a one time deal. The jury is still out.
- Nina Ricci: The name is pretty self explanatory but I must say I am not the biggest fan of this label. What can I say, I am hard to please. I only started following this label more closely two seasons ago because of one reason Olivier Theyskens. Just typing his name brings a shiver to my spine and drool just a tad. Yes, ladies and gents I am a fan girl. I have been a fan girl since his years as creative director at Rochas.
- Vivienne Westwood, Lanvin and Dior
- Jean-Paul Gaultier: I love that freak. He can take a garbage bag and put it on a model and I would probably swoon. I think I was his gay lover in a past life.
The rest of the week does not really need much of an explanation so I will just list the designers. I love them all, I wish I could afford them all but until I marry my Prince in shining armor I will continue to dream and drool.
- Karl Lagerfeld, Emanuel Ungaro, Christian Lacroix, Givenchy
- Zucca, Viktor & Rolf, Manish Arora, Yves Saint Laurent
- Chanel, Valentino, Alexander McQueen
- Chloe, Limi Feu, Hermes, John Galliano
- Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu
Until next time, Ciao!xoxoxo
~ Dissolved Girl