I love to go vintage clothing shopping. Especially for jewelry. Sometimes I wonder if I was a drag queen in my past life because I LOVE costume vintage jewelry.
Mr. P told me about Remix that is in S.E DC. We were going to go this weekend but with my hair dying adventure that took just about all day on Saturday and we slept in on Sunday, so we were not able to make it out.
I also decided to do some research and find out where other stores are located and make a “Stores to Visit” list and in my search I have found that DC has quite a few of stores. I am pretty excited to venture out and see what they have in stock. Maybe I will hit one store every weekend.
Here is my list of stores; some of them even have websites:
1) The Remix: 645 Pennsylvania Ave SE, Washington, DC 20003 (202) 547.0211. This is the one that Mr. P told me about. After checking out the website I am super excited and cannot wait to go. I would love to go on a sunny day so that I can also check out the Eastern Market.
2) Vintage Swank: 212 East Main St. Front Royal, VA (540) 636.0069. I went on their site and they have so many pretty dresses. Of course the dress I liked they did not have in my size. They also have these fantastic black vinyl and Lucite barrel chairs. They are to die for! Of course they are way out of my price range but they are pretty to look at.
3) Meeps: 1520 U Street, NW, Washington, DC (202) 265.6546. Per their website they were voted DC’s best vintage store.
4) Funk & Junk: 106 ½ North Columbus, Arlington, VA (703) 842-9517. Their website was a little too crazy for me and I am not too sure about their stuff. But I am going to give them a shot, I mean this was just their online stuff I am sure there is something in the store of interest.
5) Rage Clothing: 1069 Wisconsin Ave, Washington, DC. I tried to go to the website provided but when I clicked on it a page came up saying that the site is for sale. I am not sure if the store is still around but I will look into it.
Other stores that I am going to try and hit is Muster Seed, and Secondi. On a random forum that I found online, I read that the Goodwill in Arlington, VA on Glebe Road you can get some great finds.
There are many more stores but those that I listed above seem the most promising. Hopefully the prices are reasonable and not the ridicules prices you find in the vintage stores in NYC.
I will journal my findings as I visit these stores.
Until next time, Ciao! xoxo