Thursday, March 19, 2009

DC Concert Season is Underway

Concert Season in DC begins in April and I am already starting to make my list of concerts I want to go to.

My 2009 concert list:

1) Jane’s Addiction and Nine Inch Nails: Tuesday, June 9 @ 7PM. Merriweather. I love me some Dave Navarro.
2) No Doubt and Paramore: Saturday, June 14 @ 7PM. Nissan Pavilion. I love No Doubt and I love Paramore. I am glad that Paramore is getting more recognition even if it is because of the Twilight movie. I think they are a great band.

This list will grow.

I see that Depeche Mode, Nickelback, Hinder, Saving Abel, Papa Roach, Dave Matthews Band, and Jimmy Buffett will be in town but I have seen all those bands (except for Saving Abel) more then once. So I am trying to stick to seeing bands that I have never seen or have only seen once.

I just noticed that The Ting Tings are going to be at the 9:30 Club tomorrow but the tickets are sold out. I totally slept on that one. Lady GaGa, Katy Perry and Lily Allen will also be at the 9:30 Club but those are already sold out. I am sad that the Lily Allen tickets are sold out, I love seeing that train wreck on stage. hahaha. When I saw her last time she was drunk and it was an entertaining show.

OMG, as I am writing this I just noticed that Blue October will be at the 9:30 Club. Mr. P do not make any plans for April 27th because we are going! I am purchasing tickets right now! They are now # 1 on my concert list.

Oh man, the 9:30 Club is having some great concerts and just about all of them are sold out! I have now joined their mailing list. I cannot keep on missing stuff like this.

The tickets at the 9:30 club are ALWAYS cheap.

B.B King will be at the Lyric Opera House in Baltimore. I just priced the tickets on Ticketmaster, otherwise known as the Mob. After all their charges the price per ticket is $81.20. I do not know what I should do. I love BB King; I know he is not going to tour that much more. I will sleep on it and make a decision later.

Ok, so as I type this I am also on the 9:30 Club website trying to purchase tickets and I am trying to understand all these extra charges they are throwing on top of the ticket price.

Let me break it down:

$30 for ticket – OK
$12 Service Charge – What are you servicing for me?
$4 So that I can get my ticket at will call – WHY are you charging me to pick up my ticket?

Total: $76 for two tickets.

I should not be complaining because the price for both tickets is usually the price for one ticket at the almost nose bleed section at places like the Verizon Center. BUT, what the hell is a service charge? I mean I know what it means but what are you servicing? And if I am being charged a service charge why am I being charged to pick up my ticket on top of the service charge? AND isn’t it supposed to be free to pick up the ticket at Will Call? It used to be free. Are they starting to charge for that too at concerts?

I may have to rethink this concert season. I miss the days when you would stand in line at the box office to buy your tickets. Where you would be with the rest of the degenerates that are just as obsessed as you for whatever band is playing. So you spend the whole night talking about the band. You would come out of there with a new friend and only pay the price of the ticket with out all these other charges that are over 50 percent of what the ticket you bought is. Sometimes those service charges come out to be more then what you are paying for the ticket.

WOW, it is amazing how I began this post excited about the upcoming concert season and as I end this I am more and more disappointed and the fire of excitement has dimed.

What to do? What to do?

Ciao! xoxo

~Dissolved Girl

1 comment:

Meandering Mel said...

The last couple days of my snowboarding class, the assistant instructor told me "I always know it's you coming up behind me, because I can hear you cursing."

Not exactly the greatest compliment of my life. I'm trying to tone down the mutterings...

As for the tinted windows, I used to think that no one could see me, and I would stare obnoxiously at people. Until they started waving at me. Then I about died of embarrassment in the back of the family mini-van.

Good luck on concert season! This year I might make it to more than one concert, but who knows. :) I would have to drive 2 hours to SLC (ugh, Utah) to get to a decent show...