Friday, April 4, 2008

Want Glowing Skin?

I am obsessed with glowing skin, I feel that my skin is always dull and I look washed out. So after many attemps at different ways to give life to my face below is my everyday face routine that gives me that bright and glowing skin I am always after.

1) Since I have oily skin I wash my face with Cosmedicine Healthy Cleanse for Oily Skin. It is a clarifying cleanser and toner in one. I love this product because not only does it do wonders to my skin I do not need to tone so that cuts one step in my morning routine.

2) After washing my face and patting my face dry I apply moisturizer. During the winter months I use Olay Complete SPF 15 for Sensitive Skin; It is perfect for my winter skin, it still gives me protection, moisturizes, and it does not clog pores. During the summer months I use Neutrogena SPF 45 Daily Moisturizer; like Olay it is non greasy, moisturizes and does not clog pores but it gives me that extra protection my skin needs in the summer months. Once you apply your moisturizer you let it sit on your skin for 1 to 2 minutes.

3) Next step is your foundation or tinted moisturizer. I tend to use less foundation in the summer and more of the tinted moisturizer; in the winter time more of the foundation less of the tinted moisturizer.

4) Once I am done with the foundation/tint I let that sit for a minute or two and grab my concealer. Now unlike popular believe that you should always wear a shade lighter concealer then your skin I say use a creamy concealer that matches your skin. There is nothing worse then a woman with the reverse raccoon eyes effect. If you have heavy dark circles just use a thinker concealer on those areas, but be careful with how much you put on or it would look like you plastered it on. Pat the concealer to your blemishes or under your eyes with your ring finger then I would set my makeup.

5) Apply cream blush only to the apples of your cheeks and blend along your cheekbone towards your temple. Do not go above your cheekbone. I love Sweet William from M.A.C.

6) Apply a shimmery eye shadow from lash line to right above your crease. I usually use M.A.C Retrospeck eye shadow. Then curl and prime your lashes then apply two coats of your favorite mascara, I apply one coat of M.A.C plush Lash Mascara and One coat of Cover Girl Lash Blast.

7) I then apply a tinted balm to my lips. If I wanted more color I would apply M.A.C lipstick in Snob with clear lipglass on top.

8) Once all that is done and I am satisfied with the outcome I use a cream highlighter to brighten the face. My favorite of the moment is Benefit’s High Beam. I blend a small dot above my cheek bones, under my brows, bridge of my nose and the triangle between my eyes/eyebrows.

All done! You should have healthy and glowing looking skin. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Ciao!! xoxo

No comments: