Monday, August 2, 2010

Artist Trading Cards or ATCs

I think I am hooked when it comes to making ATCs. I made my first one a couple of weeks ago, which I am extremely sad that I forgot to take a picture of it. At least I remembered to document these before they are mailed out to their new homes tomorrow.

These skulls were made for an ATC swap. I drew the skull on white card stuck then I freehanded the design, colored it with brush markers, then I cut the skull, cut out the eyes, nose and check with my craft knife.

For the male skull, I covered the ATC blank with a cute skull scrapbook paper I found in AC Moore, then I glued the doll eyes and attached a bow tie.

With Flash:
Without Flash:

For the female skull, I made the skull as I did above but for the background I used a glittery spiderweb scrapbook paper and what I used as I bow tie for the male, I used as a hair bow for the female.

With Flash:
With out Flash:

The ATC below I made for an Alice in Wonderland swap. The person hosting it is doing a whole series of these. where you have to do an ACT for each chapter of the story.

This one is Chapter One:
I drew the background, except for Alice and the Rabbit.


Last but not least. This one is not an ATC but I wanted to show you guys anyway. I made the below bookmark for another swap. Thought I give it an honorable mention since I really like how it came out.


I need to make a few more ATC's when I am done I will post them here. But in the mean time I want to know what you all think? I know I can use some improvement. But I figured the more I make them, the better I will get.

Ciao! xoxo
~ Dissolved Girl

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice, i love looking at crafts like this :)