Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Perfect Trouser

I have a love hate relationship with trousers. I always think I look weird in them. Nothing ever fits right. But I never give up. I am always looking for that perfect pair. I have collected many over the years and I have yet to find the holy grail.

We can thank my obsession for the perfect trouser to Helmut Newton, Yves Saint Laurent and this picture:
Photo taken in 1975 by Helmut Newton of "Le Smoking" tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent, is one of Newton's most recognized and famous picture.

I first saw this picture over 15 years ago. It inspires me today as much as it inspired me then. But as much as I love this picture, it is also my curse because my standards on how clothing should fit is way too high. Pants or clothing for that matter are made no where near to the perfection that they were made over 40 years ago.

I will continue that search. I know those trousers are out there. But until then, I will continue to have fun trying.

Ciao! xoxo
~Dissolved Girl

No comments: