Friday, July 31, 2009

I spy with my Shoe Eye

I got the August issue of Nylon Magazine today and I spied these little beast of a shoe:



I really wanted to hate them. I mean, for goodness sake they are tacky animal print and to add insult to injury they are wedges! But alas, the more I looked at them, I felt something in the pit of my stomach tingling. No, really it cannot be. I cannot be falling for these shoes!

So I get home, jump on my trusty laptop and type in "Ashish Shoes for TopShop" and not only do I see the pair above, I also see these:



I felt warmth. You know that warm sensation at the pit of your stomach when you know something is the one you want? That is what I felt. I was mad at myself for falling for them. But I knew that I had to show it to someone else to make sure I was not loosing my mind.

I stopped Mr. P from his game, excited to show him my find and to show him that I can be open minded to things that I normally turn my nose up in the air to.

When he looked at me like I had a second head. My excitement instantly went out the window as he said "How many animals where killed in the making of that shoe?".

I was crest fallen. I stuttered out the words "Don't you like them" In that pitiful boyfriend, I will agree with anything you say, voice, "Yeah, they're cute....." I was furious....Cute?!?!?!?!? I HATE CUTE??!?!?!?? As I sharpened the Ginsu knives for my tuna roll slice technique, I asked him what do you mean by cute......

I guess it was inevitable. This model of a boyfriend is broken. It is time for an upgrade. ;-)

So my dear readers what do you think of the shoes? Yea or Nay?

Ciao! xoxo

~Dissolved Girl

PS: I think I will keep my broken model. He is like an old pair of jeans, well worn, comfy and plus he is a great shopping partner . :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think these are the bomb. Though, considering the fact that I have nearly a dozen pairs of shoes in animal print and wore zebra slingback stilettos when I got married, my opinion my be a little biased. I want the leopard pair. :)