Sunday, February 20, 2011

Enough is Enough


I am a firm believer of freedom of choice. The decision that a person makes on how they want to run their life is theirs to make. Right or wrong, wether I agree or not, it is not my life and is not my decision to live with.

I do not take kindly to someone telling me what I can and cannot do with my (in the famous words of Charlotte from SATC) See(C) You(U) Next(N) Tuesday(T).

I love the pro-lifers and their self righteous speeches about "right to live". But where are they when the child is born? When the child is being neglected, beaten, living in poverty, etc?

Did you know that according to welfare statistics 47.9% of the mothers on welfare are between the ages of 20-29? Did you also know that 57% of women who get abortions are in the same age range? Can you imagine how many more women would likely be on welfare if the choice would be taken away from them?

Now, let's step away from abortions. Let's talk about the other things that Planned Parenthood does for us that the Government has cut funding for. HIV testing, STD testing, cancer screenings, birth control, sex education, and so much more. Services that Planned Parenthood makes available for everyone, especially those of lower income.

Imagine if Planned Parenthood went away because there was no funding? Those who cannot afford to go to a traditional doctor will be ass out. Basically the House is saying, "I do not care about you. I care more about Nascar".

Yes, ladies and gentleman. The House decided that Nascar is more important than your health. They will continue to sponsor via the Pentagon # 37 Impala stock car. Last year alone they spent 7 million of our tax dollars to sponsor it.

That made me sick to my stomach.

Enough is Enough. We have to stop the government from treating us like second class citizens. We are human, we have rights and we have the right to choose how to run our lives.

Please, I beg you. No matter if you are pro-choice or pro-life, please help to keep the funding for Planned Parenthood from being cut. They do so much more than just give abortions.

Go HERE and sign their petition.


Ciao!! xoxo
~Dissolved Girl

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God how incredibly depressing :( I can't sign the petition because I'm not in the US. Good luck though, that's unbelievably dispicable.