Monday, January 25, 2010

Aldo's Haga Ankle Boots

Remember when I posted about the Pelle bootie back in September? If not, go here to get a refresher.

On that same post I listed a cheaper version of the shoe by Steve Madden, which sold out almost instantly. I know because when I went back to purchase the shoe it was no where to be found. I did not worry myself over it because I knew that either Bakers or Aldo would eventually come out with their version of the shoe. But as months went by I thought that it was not going to happen, especially when a month after the Madden shoe dropped McQueen filed a lawsuit for coping his design (read more about it here).

Now you can understand my total surprise yesterday morning when I get an email from Aldo about their Spring collection and I see a shoe that is very similar in design to the McQueen bootie:

Meet Haga, she comes in both black and red. She will set you back $120. But it is still way cheaper then the $1,159.00 McQueen Bootie. Also, if you have shopped recently at Aldo you might have gotten a 15% off coupon if you take a short survey, which I happily did. With my birthday just 5 short days away, this would be a perfect gift for me to give myself.

What do you think?

Ciao! xoxo
~ Dissolved Girl

2 comments:

Sewtellme said...

Love this! I OD'd on ankle boots this Winter. Thanks for the Baker's hookup I love the platform pump on the site. I think I've found my February splurge. You have to post a pic of you wearing the boots when you get them. Happy early Birthday!

Meandering Mel said...

I love them in black. Such cute cute booties!!