Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nail of the Week: Shim-Merry Chic

Best Buy still has my camera hostage. I have a temporary camera and it sucks, so I apologize in advance for the not so great manicure picture (such a shame too because it really is a pretty color). Once I get my camera back, I will update this with a proper photo.


Nail Polish Brand: O.P.I
Color: Shim-Merry Chic (2 Coats)- This is the only color I got from the O.P.I Christmas Collection. None of the other colors caught my attention enough to buy. It is a very pretty bronze color with glitter. Love it.

Base: Nail Tek and Orly Bonder. I put a thin layer of Bonder over the Nail Tek. Just cause I did not like the matte feeling of Nail Tek. I know, I know, I was going to apply the color polish. Just humor me.

Top Coat: Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. I am wearing two top coats because my Seche Vite is almost at the end of it's life. So instead of doing 2 coats of Seche, I am doing one coat of each top coat. Yes, I should just buy a new bottle but I am trying to finish the other top coat polishes I have.

I had to cut my nails yet again. This time it was a little upsetting because I finally had them the length that I wanted and the shape that I wanted. But as luck would have it, in the last week two off them broke. So I am back to square one.

I have also noticed that my nails are really dry and a little brittle now that we are going into the cold weather. After doing a bit of research and reading other nail blogs, I found out about a product called Nail Tek. They have several products that target different nail problems. From all of them I think Nail Tek Foundation III is what I need. Here is the description from the website:

"Nail Tek III: Protection Plus
for dry brittle nails

Protection Plus provides extra conditioning for nails that are hard and brittle. This special formulation replenishes the natural moisture content of the nail. Applied daily, Protection Plus helps nails regain the healthy balance necessary to resist stress and enhance survivability.

Nail Tek III: Protection Plus
replenishes, moisturizes, protects"


I ordered myself a bottle and I started using it with today's manicure. I will give you guy's updates on how my nails are looking. I only wish I took a picture of my bare nails before I cut them off and painted them.

Ciao! xoxo
~Dissolved Girl

PS: Wow, this was long.
PPS: I have not forgotten my weight loss update. It is coming, I have a lot to say and I did not have a camera for pictures.
PPPS: How awful does my nails look short? eeeeew..... Ok, that is it with the PS's.

No comments: